Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Personal Trainer

"It's ok, mommy! It's like walking, only faster. Well, a little faster." This is what I heard as my little 7-year-old sweetheart started encouraging me today during my training. I have now been training for 5 weeks for the 5K, and am just now beginning Week 3 of the Couch to 5 K program (warm-up for 5 minutes, jog for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 3 minutes!, walk for 3 min., repeat, cool down). I did this once in my classroom circuit and was amazed that I was able to sustain the jog for 3 minutes, but I did (not a big deal to some, ahem, many). I asked T if she wanted to come with me, and she did. It was because of her that I was able to finish today. Just as it was getting really difficult, I told her I needed help. She put her small hands on my back and began to push me along. I could go faster then. It wasn't as difficult. I didn't feel as much fatigue and discomfort. She gave me the strength I needed to continue forward.

I don't know how He does it, but I know that Heavenly Father knows what we need. He knows what is best for us. I'm so glad that we put our trust in Him 6 years ago when we decided that we wanted to adopt. We prayed (a lot!) that we would know the path He wanted us to take. We did our best to find that path, and I knew that as long as we were willing, and hoping, and trying to do our best that He would guide us. And He did - right to our little Sweet T. She is such a wonderful little girl, and we are so blessed to have her in our home.


I know that when I cross the finish line of my first 5K, my little Personal Trainer will be waiting for me, cheering me on like nobody else.



1 comment:

Susie said...

I know you can do this, Wezzie! You have what it takes! You just need to be careful that your training doesn't intensify your back problems. Little Taya can always be counted on to be the best cheering squad there is! How I love her, and YOU! Hang in there, and think about where you'll be in just a few more weeks!